What is Sublime Ads
Sublime Ads is a platform to allow you to manage and serve your very own ads in your own apps, on your websites, or other services using a simple API. You are in complete control on what you want to show, and how.
Everything is in one place and is easy to manage, no need to write your own custom solution. On top, Sublime Ads is privacy conscious to you and your users. Only taps/clicks will be registered for served ads and nothing else. We also don't use any tracking for the web application and other things, just like the internet is supposed to be.
About this guide
Work in progress!
This guide is work in progress and will not have everything just yet. Although I'd like to think it's at 95% except billing and settings.
If you do spot any mistakes, or need clarification on existing documentation, just let me know.
Sublime Ads exists for various use cases. Whilst the name implies "ads" specifically, it can be pretty much anything you want.
Here are a few example use cases you could use the platform for, including the obvious one.
- Display random ads, categorised (or not), within your apps or websites. So, for example, if you had a Podcasting app or similar you can place ads into specific categories and show them using the API for the specific category they are currently in, within the app. Something like Overcast as an example. (They're rolling their own solution 🥺).
- Display random ads on a timeline at random intervals. Again, very similar to the above example.
- Display a random affiliate links on your website, that rotates at random on each visit. You can use the embed option for this.
- Display random other projects your are working on, on your own sites... nothing like some self promotion. Have a look at my own site's sidebar as an example. Another site to checkout is eay.cc - it's using Sublime Ads to display "Support your local eay!" content.
- Or the same as the last point but for ads, or things you just like in general. A good example is found on Burk.io - he's using apps he likes and promoting them in the footer of his site. And of course using Sublime Ads.
So, as you can see... it's really up to you what you do with it. It's flexible, yet focused enough, to make it work. And if there is something not on the list you can always get in touch with me and we can see what is possible.
Get in touch
Best way to get help is to email:
If you have any questions or concerns... or bug fixes... let me know! I'm here for you.
Please be aware that some content blockers may hide certain titles and or content on the website and documentation - causing confusion (certainly confused me at first). If you can, please whitelist the site.
I do my best to avoid naming things that may clash with a content blocker.